February 29, 2010
Merlin came home with me last night. He was caught in his mew by the Sun pm shift while I stayed clear and out of sight. Liz stayed late (giant shoutout) and jessed, weighed, and coped him. The noises that were coming from the treatment room made me wonder about having him at home...maybe his name should be Banshee.
I checked him right before bed. He was stressed and displaying--wings out, all puffed up. I left him with a morsel on his perch and good wishes to calm and settle overnight.
March 1
This morning, he was eager and hungry! He quickly ate a mouse piece I put on his perch. By the end of the feeding, he stayed on the perch and ate in front of me.
In the mid-afternooon, he took the first piece (and at this point, I'm using 1/4 mouse pieces so they still look like food to him) from the perch, and then ate the rest from the "magic food giving glove". Yay!
I decided to do a late night feeding as well--he hadn't had his 2 "things" (thing = mouse or chick) yet. It was 11pm and I think I woke him up. He was a bit grumpy, but still ate 4 chick pieces from the glove. BUT...who knew that Merlin mutes smelled so yummy to sugar ants?? The cage pad was a big ant party. Merlin was calm while I changed the pad, vacuumed the ants with the dustbuster, and moved him to a different ant free area on top of my sewing machine stand.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Is that what you were doing late last night? I was just about falling asleep...then sat straight up when I heard the dustbuster at 11:30pm...I yelled "Girl?????" Oh gosh...ant party. Geez. I am sure that I was fast asleep by the time you could tell me about it. Sorry.
Post a Comment