Miguel (as we shall call him for now) weighs 158 grams. It seems to be an excellent weight: not too hungry, not too complacent. He weighed 167 last Sat at CWC and he wasn't working well for either Cyndi or me.
M jumps happily to the glove for all food now. I have to admit that I love feeling him there. Even though I handle several birds in all sizes (Yo Sparky!) when I'm at CWC, this bird is still very wild and still developing trust. I feel honored and excited.
The next steps I'm going to try is to vary the environment. He's been holding down the spare bedroom in peace. I'm going to bring him into the much sunnier office today while I'm working for some new sights and sounds. Also, I'm going to try various ways to keep him on the glove for the second bite more often. He has stayed to watch more food magically appear a few times, but he, more often, retreats to the perch.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment