Friday, March 5, 2010
Miguel loves the glove. When the glove shows up he wiggles his little butt and happily jumps, knowing that the glove is mommy, the best stuffed animal ever, maybe even god.
I put his food in a lovely little porcelain dish (from CWC and someone's grandmother, I'm sure) and have it under the glove on the floor of the crate. Then it's really easy to restock the glove as he sits and eats. He's really smart and knows that the food is on grandma's porcelain and that my fingers are involved, but his true love is...the glove.
We're happy with the little golve love-affair for now. Soon, I'll hold his jesses and see if he'll stay and eat.
Last night, we had a late night mousy snack at 10:30. I knew I was going to wake him up. I was as quiet and polite as I could be. I was holding the glove with a nice, bloody mouse bit right where he likes it, and saw no movement. I was patient and positive, still no movement. I then noticed that he was roosting on one leg. He finally put the second leg down and rousted, noticed the glove, and pounced on the mouse morsel. Could he have been asleep with his eyes open?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment